Grain & gluten-free beef recipe for dogs
Homemade dog food doesn’t get any simpler. Whatever beef you happen to have to hand, whatever vegetables you can lay your paws on, a spoonful of my Dog Food Seasoning for vitamins and minerals, some oil and a little of my Essential Calcium for Dogs. Simples!
If you’re still feeding your dog commercial dog food, I would suggest using this meal as a dressing or topping by combining the two over the course of three or four days. Reduce your dog’s other food accordingly so as to avoid unhealthy weight gain.
There’s no reason why this simple recipe would not be just as suitable for you and your family. Just bulk it up with some extra vegetables if necessary and it’s ready for you to enjoy!
- 400g (14oz) Beef Mince (ideally low-fat)
- 67g (2 ½oz) Potatoes (unpeeled, finely diced)
- 53g (2oz) Carrots (unpeeled, finely diced)
- 53g (2oz) Broccoli (diced, including stem)
- 40g (1 ½oz) Peas (frozen)
- 27g (1oz) Tomatoes (fresh, diced)
- 27g (1oz) Apple (unpeeled, cored, diced)
- 1/2g (tiny pinch) Salt
- 3g (1 level tablespoon) Dog Food Seasoning
- 4g (1 level teaspoon) Essential Calcium for Dogs
- 34ml (2 tablespoons) Salmon Oil
Preheat oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Add the vegetables to a casserole dish with approximately 285ml (½ pint) of water. (I used the nutrient-rich vegetable water saved from our own meal the previous evening).
Add the beef mince, blend in the salt, Dog Food Seasoning, salmon oil and Essential Calcium for Dogs. Cover and place in the oven for approximately 1¼ hours stirring occasionally. Top up with water as necessary.
Allow to cool before apportioning and/or serving. Either freeze what you don’t immediately need or keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Beef recipe for dogs from the Canine Nutritionist. The best and safest way to provide healthy homemade food for your dog.